Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 428
A Case Study on Quality Assurance in Arjun Singh Central Library of Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu
This study examines the quality assurance in services provided by Arjun Singh Central Library, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu. A well structured 125questionnaires were distributed among the library users to find the qualitative services provided by the university library. The questionnaires were checked and out of 115 filled-in questionnaires returned 108(93.98%) were found fit for analysis and out of which 7(6.08%) were considered unusable. The present study demonstrates and elaborates the various aspects of use of information resources and services, physical facilities available and collection of Central Library, Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur. It identifies the levels of use of various services provided, and highlights problems faced by the users and satisfaction level of users with the central library collection. Suggestions have been given to make the service more beneficial for the academic community of the university.
University Library, Quality Assurance, Library Services
- Abels, E. (2004) Information Seekers' Perspectives of University Libraries and Librarians. Advances in Librarianship, 28: 151-170.
- Asemi, A. (2005) Information Searching Habits of Internet Users: A Case Study on the Medical Sciences University of Isfahan, Iran. Webology, 2(1).
- Boyd, A. (2004) Multi-Channel Information Seeking in Universities: A Fuzzy Conceptual Model. ASLIB Proceedings, 52(2): 81-88.
- Brown, C.M. (1999) Information Seeking Behaviour of Scientists in the Electronic Information Age: Astronomers, Chemists, Mathematicians, and Physicists. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 50(10): 929- 943.
- Budd, J.M. and Williams, K.A. (1993) CD-ROMs in Academic Libraries: A Survey. College & University Librarians, 54(6): 529-535.
- Challener, J. Information Seeking Behavior of Professors of Art History and Studio Art, Master Dissertation, School of Library and Information Science, Kent State University, 2005.
- Shokeen, A. and Kushik, S.K. (2002) Information Seeking Behaviour of Social Scientists of Haryana Universities. Library Herald, 40(1): 8-11.
- Suriya, M.; Sangeetha, G. and Nambi, M.A. (2004) Information-Seeking Behaviour of Faculty Members from Government Arts Colleges in Cuddalore District, In: H.K. Kaul and S.K. Patil (Eds), Library and information Networking (NACLIN 2004) New Delhi, 285-292.
- There are currently no refbacks.