Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 444
A Comparative Study of Mysore University and Karnatak University In S&T: Research Output, Citation Impact and Collaboration During 2001-10
The study provides a comparative assessment of the research contribution of the Mysore University and the Karnatak University in terms of publications output in science and technology, its growth and citation impact during 2001-10. It analyses the strong and weak subject areas of universities research and their citation impact. It describes the international collaborative share of research output of the universities at the overall level, indicating the contribution of the major collaborating partner countries. It also provides analyses of the national collaborating links of the two universities; with a view to study their collaborating linkages with academic institutions, institutes of national importance, research institutions and industry. It also studies the contribution and citation impact of the top 15 most productive authors and also the productivity of their most productive journals, where the two universities authors have published.
Mysore Univeristy, Karnatak University, Comparative Study, Citation Impact, Collaboration, S&T Research Output.
- Jeevan, V.K.J. and Gupta, B.M. (2002) A scientometric profile of research output from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Scientometrics, 53(1): 165-68
- Jeevan, V.K.J. and Gupta, B.M. (2001) R&D Performance of different departments of IIT, Kharagpur. Journal of Library & Information Science, 26(2): 129-43
- Singh, Y; Gupta, B.M. and Kumar, S. (2005) Research contributions and impact of research of Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, 1993-2001. Annals of Library & Information Studies, 52(1): 8-14
- Kumbar, Mallinath; Gupta, B.M. and Dhawan, S.M. (2008) Growth and impact of research output of University of Mysore, 1996-2006: A case study. Annals of Library & Information Studies, 55(3): 185-95
- Tapaswi, M.P. (2011) Growth in the productivity of an organization-Tracing the cause. In. S.L.Sangam et al, Editors. Scientometric Studies. Dharwad; Department of Library & Information Science, Karnatak University. 56-62.
- Gupta, B.M. and Sangam, S.L. (2011) Contribution and impact of Karnatak University publications during 1999-2008: A study in comparison with three other universities in Karnatak. In. S.L.Sangam et al, Editors. Scientometric Studies. Dharwad; Department of Library & Information Science, Karnatak University. 89-113.
- There are currently no refbacks.