Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 554
A Study on Library Usage and Ict Skills Among the Internees of a Rural Medical College in Tamilnadu
Medical college libraries house various resources such as textbooks, reference books, medical journals, online journals, databases, etc., and also provide various services including reprographic, audio-visual and computer based services to their staff and students. Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is on the rise in medical college libraries. Tele-medicine, teleconferencing, e-databases, e-books, e-journals, etc., are being increasingly made available on the net. Present study examines the use of the traditional and digital resources by the undergraduate medical internees of a medical college – Rural Medical College in Tamilnadu. It also aims to study the level of computer literacy among the internees. This survey predominantly uses questionnaire for data collection. The study results reveal that reference books are the most often used reference sources in the library in comparison with other sources such as textbooks, journals, back volumes. Another important finding is that the ICT knowledge among the respondents is not at optimum level.
Medical Library Usage, Internee, Ict Knowledge, Rural Medical Library.
- MCI, New Delhi, Minimum standard requirements for the medical college for 100 admissions annually regulation. 1999, p3-4.
- Lindberg (M D); Donald (A B); Humphreys (L B). 2015-The future of Medical Libraries. N.Eng. J.Med. Vol. 352(11); 2004; p067-70.
- Angelies (De C); Drazen (J M) and Frizdle (F A). Clinical trial Registration: A statement from the International committee of Medical Journal Editors. N.Eng. J.Med Vol. 351(12); 2004; p1250-1.
- http: per per www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov per entrez per query per static per overview (accessed on May 2009).
- Lal (P); Ingle(G K). Use of medical Library by Under-Graduate medical internees in a Medical College of North India. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. Vol. 24(2); 1999; p86-88.
- Chatterjee (C); Joardar (G K); Bhattacharrya (S), Use of medical Library by Unde- Graduate medical internees and Teachers in Medical Colleges of Kolkata. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. Vol.31(2); 2006; p204-205,
- Nurjahan (M I); Lim (T A); Yeong (S W); Foong (A L). Utilization of information technology in medical education: a questionnaire survey of internees in a Malaysian institution. Med J Malaysia. Vol. 57 (Supple E); 2002; p58-66.
- Lamis D. Rajab; Zaid H Baqain. Use of Communication Technology among dental Students at University of Jordan. J Dent Edu. Vol. 69(3); 2005; p387-98.
- There are currently no refbacks.