Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 386
A Plan for the Establishment of Networking in Technical Libraries
In the digital age, it becomes both a challenging issue and an opportunity for libraries to provide electronic resources in networked environment. With networking technology of Internet it is possible to form any number of logical networks using the Net as the backbone. Library and information system networking in India have come into existence more than two decades ago. By utilizing the support of the regional and national level networking, libraries in India should corporately establish library consortia for offering and shared electronic resources. Many libraries like technical libraries have their own network existing within their own locations. These networks can be expanded to enhance the access to the information resources through collaborative partnerships, in the form consortia. This paper also discusses about the library networking and INDEST–AICTE consortium.
Library Network, INDEST Consortium, E-resources, Bibliographic Databases
- Kaul (H K). DELNET: The Network of Delhi Libraries. 1998. IASLIC Bulletin
- ALA World Encyclopedia of Library and Information Services. 1986.
- Singh (V P).; et al., eds. Digital Library: Proceeding of the National Conference on Digital Library-2006. Dehra Dun: Central government Library Association. p159-163.
- Stewart (B). Internet advantages for the technical services librarian. DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology. Vol. 16(3); May 1996; p29-48.
- There are currently no refbacks.