Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 771
A Study on Library and Information Science Journals: An Indian Perspective
This paper examines growth and development of Library and Information Science Journals in India. Recent advancement in communication technology and the rise of globalization have led to the hope of a more balanced flow of scientific knowledge. Nevertheless, scholars also cautioned the possibility of publishing their research papers in a global level. The aim of this study is to assess the year of publication, mode of publication and its frequency level. And it also discusses the language of publications. The relevant sources collected from recently assigned ISSN for library and information Science journals in India. From the study it is found that in the year 2011 more number of journals is assigned ISSN in Library and Information Science.
ISSN Assigned Journals, Lis Journals, Place of Publication, Periodicity
- Singh, S. and Singh, S. (1990). Library and information science periodicals in India: a study towards standardization, Herald of Library Science, 29: 200–212.
- Kaula, P. N. (1989). Periodicals in libraries: peculiarities, problems and treatment, Herald of Library Science, 28: 69–74.
- Muzamil, S. (2011). Growth of science and technology journals in India during (1947–1966), Gyankosh. The Journal of Library and Information Management, 2(1):15–27.
- Swarna, T. et al. (2002). Characteristics of the electronic journal: library philosophy and practice. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 39(3): 271–282.
- Kandaiya, P. K. and Akbari, A.K. (2009), E-Journal: A common guideline. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 46(2): 149–154.
- Vrana, R. (2011). Journal publishing in era of economic crisis: a case of scientific journals in the field of social sciences in Croatia. Library Review, 60(6): 513–531.
- Shin, E. (2012). Scholarly journal publishing and open access in South Korea. Serial Review, 38(2): 99–104.
- Library School Libraries. In Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science, Kent, A., Lancour, H. and Daily, J.E. (eds). New York: Marcel Dekker, 1975, 16, p.1.
- Ulrich’s International Periodicals Directory. 37th ed. New Providence, NJ: R. R. Bowker, 1998, p.vii.
- There are currently no refbacks.