Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 8804
Determinants of Cloud Computing Applications Adoption in University Libraries
Recent years have witnessed huge popularisation in the cloud computing applications. The present study is targeted towards the implication of the Theory of Planned Behaviour and the construct affect to more desirably apprehend the acceptance level of Google Apps, a form of cloud computing applications commonly used among librarians. Till date no known study has yet examined the factors that influences the librarian`s decision to use the cloud computing applications. The research study demonstrated that the intentions of the librarians to use Google Apps are positively correlated with all the constructs of Theory of Planned Behaviour (Attitude, Subjective Norms, Perceived behavioural control) as well as Affect.
Affect, Behavioural Intention, Cloud Computing Applications, Google Apps, Theory of Planned Behaviour
- Baliga, J.; Ayre, R.W.A.; Hinton, K. and Tucker, R.S. (2010). Green cloud computing: balancing energy in processing, storage, and transport. Proceedings of the IEEE. 99(1): 149–167.
- Cohn, J.M.; Kelsey, A.L.; Fiels, K.M. and Salter, D. (2002). Planning for Integrated Systems and Technologies: A howto-do-it-Manual for Librarians. London: Facet-Integrated Library systems, 224p.
- Dutta-Bergman, M.J. (2011). Developing a profile of consumer intention to seek out additional information beyond a doctor: Role of communication and motivation variables. Health Communication. 14: 1–16.
- Fishbein, M. and Ajzen, I. (1975). Belief, Attitude, Intention and Behavior: An Introduction to Theory and Research. MA: Addison-Wesley. 480p.
- Forrester Consulting. Measuring the total economic impact of Google Apps. 2010, Retrieved from www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/pdf/apps_TEI.pdf
- George, D. and Mallery, P. (2003). SPSS for Windows step by step: A simple guide and reference. Boston: Allyn & Bacon. 408p.
- Gliem, J.A. and Gliem, R.R. (2003). Calculating, Interpreting and Reporting Cronbach’s Alpha Reliability Coefficient for Likert-type Scales. In Proceedings of The Midwest Research to Practice Conference in Adult, Continuing, and Community Education. Retrieved on August 4, 2013 from https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/bitstream/handle/.../Gliem+&+Gliem.pdf?
- Goodman, A. (2010). Cloud computing in libraries and library school. Retrieved on August 8, 2013 from http://www.godaisies.com/notes/Amanda_Goodman_631_Final_Assignment.pdf
- Hoy, M.B. (2012). Cloud Computing Basics for Librarians. Medical Reference Services Quarterly. 31(1): 84–91.
- Hunsinger, D. and Smith, M. (2005). Predicting hiring manager`s intentions to use IT certification in selection process. Journal of Information Technology Management.16(4): 1–18.
- Jordan, J. (2010). Climbing Out of the Box and Into the Cloud: Building Web-Scale for Libraries. Journal of Library Administration. 51(1): 3–17.
- Liu, W. and Cai, H.H. (2013). Embracing the shift to cloud computing: knowledge and skills for systems librarians. OCLC Systems and Services: International digital library perspectives. 29(1): 22–29.
- Molen, F.V.D. (2010). Get Ready for Cloud Computing: A comprehensive guide to virtualization and Cloud Computing. Zaltbommel: Van Haren Publishing. 172p.
- Patel, A.; Seyfi, A.; Tew, Y. and Jaradat, A. (2012). Comparative study and review of grid, cloud, utility computing and software as a service for use by libraries. Library Hi Tech News. 11(3): 25–32 .
- Ryan, P.S.; Merchant, R. and Falvey, S. (2011). Regulation of the cloud in India. Journal of Internet Law. 15(4): 1–17.
- Santos, J.R.A. (1999). Croanbach`s Alpha: a tool for assessing the reliability of scales. Journal of Extension. 37(2).Retrieved on August 12, 2013 from http://www.joe.org/joe/1999april/tt3.php
- Schwartz, S. H. and Tessler, R.C. (1972). A Test of a Model for Reducing Measured Attitude-Behaviour Discrepancies.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 24(2): 225–236.
- Stroh, S.; Acker, O. and Kumar, A. (2009). The Cloud is Ready for you, Are you ready for Cloud?. USA: Booz & Company. 9p.
- Tabachnick, B.G. and Fidwell, L.S. (2000). Using Multivariate Statistics. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. 966p.
- Tadwalkar, S. (2009). Cloud Computing- still a long way to go. Retrieved on August 13, 2013 from www.mahindrasatyam.com/corporate/.../Cloud_Computing.pdf
- Vaidhyanathan, S. (2009). The Googalization of Universities.The NEA 2009 almanac of higher education. 65–74.
- There are currently no refbacks.