Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 556
A Study on User's Opinion About Library Staff and Use of Library Services in Scientific and Research Institute Libraries in Iran
This article aims to know the users' opinion about the library collections and services. For the purpose of data collection the survey method using a questionnaire has been applied. Further, an attempt has been made to identify how the users are satisfied with the library staff's help and cooperation. The article also concentrates on the areas of research where the researchers seek help from the library staff. This study finds that concerned authorities of Scientific and Research Institute libraries in Iran in specific and all the libraries in general, will take necessary steps to implement collection development techniques in their respective libraries, thereby serve their users better and recommends that application of advanced technology will increase the number of library users and also satisfy the present need of the users.
Iran, Library Services, Library Staff, Scientific Research Institute.
- Andaleeb, S.S. (2001). Usage of academic library: The role of service quality, resources and users characteristics. Available: http://www.allbusiness.com/technology.
- Applegate, R. (1993). Models of user satisfaction: Understanding false positives, 32(4): 525-539.
- Cullen, Rowena (2001). Respective on user satisfaction surveys. Library Trend, 19(4): 662-686.
- Fowowe, S.O. (1989). Students' use of an academic library: A survey at the University of Ilorin Libraries. Nigerian Library and Information Science Review, 7(1): 56.
- Frascotti, J.; Levenseler, J.; Weingarten, C. and Wiegand, K. (2007). Improving library use and information literacy at Caritas Charles Vath College. An interdisciplinary qualifying project report submitted to the Faculty of Worcester Polytechnic Institute. B.Sc. Thesis.
- Mansouri, A. and Pashootanizadeh, M. (2005). In service education for librarians in the new era. Faslname ketab, 70(8).
- Oseghale, Osagie (2008). Faculty opinion as collection evaluation method: A case study of Redeemer's University library. Library Philosophy and Practice.
- Radmehr,A and Hayati, Z (2005). Investigating the present status of the manpower in academic and research libraries in Iran. Faslname ketab, 70(10).
- There are currently no refbacks.