Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 60
Extent of Future e-Resource Usage as Perceived by Students of Information Science in Iran
The present study is aimed at investigating the extent of future E-Resource usage as perceived by information science students in Iran. A total number of 82 respondents (52 PG students and 30 Research scholars) were randomly selected. A questionnaire measuring usage of various digital technologies and accessing digital resources was prepared and administered to the sample population. Results revealed that there is a non-significant association between categories of responses for CD-ROM data base awareness. The association between categories of responses for CD-ROM database searches from RICST and IRANDOC was also non-significant. It was also revealed that there is a non-significant association between category of responses for science citation index, bibliographic and citation analysis, IRANDOC abstracting and indexing services and Iran National Library bibliographical and cataloguing. But there was a significant difference in the respondents' awareness on subscription to online journals and also online database access. The association between categories of responses for content page services was also non-significant. The qualitative data presented through the research provided insight into electronic resource use within a cross section of the further education sector.
e-Resources, Information, Information Science.
- Lynch, C. (2001). The battle to define the future of the book in the digital world, First Monday. http://firstmonday.org/ issues/issue6_6/lynch/index.html.
- Aldrich, C. (2003). Simulations and the future of learning. San Francisco: Pfeiffer/Wiley.
- Laurence, S.R. (2005). History and future of the molecular spectroscopic databases, Comptes Rendus Physique. 6(8):897−907. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crhy.2005.09.001.
- Zanghi, J. (2012). E-Reference context and discoverability in libraries: issues and concepts, p. 74−82. www.irma-international.org/chapter/online-research-without-reference/ 57914/.
- There are currently no refbacks.