Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 446
A Survey on Information Need and Information Seeking Behavior of Library Users of NRN Memorial National Law Library
The present paper is based on a survey conducted on the information needs and information seeking behavior of library users of NRN Memorial National Law Library, National Law School of India University, Bangalore. The survey was conducted recently and the paper points out the changing information needs of the users. The usefulness of collection and services of the library and also examined the various types of collections and services are being used by the individual users of the national library. Identified the various infrastructure facilities are being provided by the library. Finally measures to be taken to make library services more effective and efficient.
Information Need, Information Seeking Behavior, Law Library Users, NRN Memorial Library, NLSIU.
- Psacharopoulous, G. (1982). Information: An essential factor in education planning and Policy. Comparative Educational Review, 26(2): 322.
- Van House, N.; Weil, N. and McClure, C. (1990). Measuring academic library performance: A practical approach. Chicago: American Library Association.
- Zhang, W. (1998). Analyzing faculty and staff’s information needs and use of electronic technologies: A liberal arts college’s experience. Journal of Education Media and Library Sciences, 35(3): 218–241.
- Devadason, F.J. and Lingman, P.P. (1997). A methodology for the identification of information needs of users. IFLA Journal, 23(1); 41 –51.
- Retrieved from https://www.nls.ac.in/index.php?option= com_content&view=article&id=146&Itemid=68 on 31January 2015
- There are currently no refbacks.