Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 456
A Binary Tree as a Basic Model for Studying Hierarchies using Q-Measures
A binary tree is used as a model for a hierarchical structure. All nodes situated at the same height are assumed to form a group. The global and local Q-value, being measures for the extent to which a node plays a bridging function between groups, are determined. For the global Q-value this is can be done in two ways: a direct one and one via a recursion relation.
Global Q-measures, Local Q-measures, Rooted Trees.
- Flom, P.L.; Friedman, S.R.; Strauss, S. and Neaigus, A. (2004) A new measure of linkage between two subnetworks. Connections, 26(1): 62–70.
- Guns, R.; Liu, YX and Mahbuba, D. (2011) Q-measures and betweenness centrality in a collaboration network: a case study of the field of informetrics. Scientometrics, 87(1): 133-147.
- Guns, R. and Rousseau, R. (2009) Gauging the bridging function of nodes in a network: Q-measures for networks with a finite number of subgroups. In: Larsen, B. & Leta, J. (eds.), Proceedings of ISSI 2009 – the 12th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics, 131–142.
- Maslov, S.; Sneppen, M. and Zaliznyak, A. (2004) Detection of topological patterns in complex networks: correlation profile of the internet. Physica A – Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 333: 529-540.
- Otlet, P. (1934) Traité de Documentation, le Livre sur le Livre [Treatise on documentation; the book on the book]. Brussels: D. Van Keerberghen & Sons.
- Pritchard, A. (1969) Statistical bibliography or bibliometrics? Journal of Documentation, 25(4): 348-349.
- Ranganathan, S.R. (1995) Librametry and its scope (reprint). JISSI. The International Journal of Scientometrics and Informetrics, 1(1): 15-21.
- Rousseau, R. (2005) Q-measures for binary divided networks: an investigation within the field of informetrics. Proceedings of the 68th ASIST Conference, 42: 675–696.
- Rousseau, R.; Liu, YX and Guns, R. (2013) Mathematical properties of Q-measures. Journal of Informetrics (to appear).
- Zhang, L.; Thijs, B. and Glänzel, W. (2013) What does scientometrics share with other “metrics” sciences? Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 64(7): 1515-1518.
- There are currently no refbacks.