Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 420
A Comparative Study of Internet Use in Haryana Agriculture University and Panjab Agriculture University
The study examines the status and use of the Internet in Punjab Agricultural University and Haryana Agricultural University. A well structured questionnaire was distributed among the 200 teachers and research scholars of both the agriculture universities under study. Findings of this study show that Internet is being heavily used for e-mail and research purpose and also highlight purposes and frequency of use of the Internet by the teachers and research scholars, their method of locating, accessing and using information on the net. The study also discusses the problems that are preventing wide use of the Internet in both the universities.
Internet, WWW, Agriculture University, Teachers and Research Scholars
- Bruce (H). Perceptions of the Internet: what people think when they search the Internet for information. Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy. Vol. 9(3); p187-199.
- Jackson (L A); Ervin (K S); Gardner (P D); Schmitt (N). Gender and the Internet: women communicating and men searching. Sex Roles: A Journal of Research. Vol. 44(5-6); 2001; p363-79.
- McFadden (T G). Understanding the Internet: model, metaphor and analogy. Library Trends. Vol. 50(1); 2001; p87-109.
- Griffith (C). Multimedia and the importance of book. Information Today. Vol. 14(1); 1997; p13-17.
- lazinger (Susan S); Jidut (Bar Llan); Pertiz (Bluma C). Internet faculty members in various disciplines: A comparative case study. Journal of the American Society for information Science. Vol. 48(6); 1997; p508-18.
- Saeed (H). Internet use in university libraries of Pakistan. Online Information Review. Vol. 24 (2); 2000; p154- 60.
- Mishra (O P); Yadava (Neelam); Bisht (Kamini). Internet Utilization Pattern of Undergraduate Students. University News. Vol. 43(13); 2005; p8-12.
- Robinson (Jannie W). Internet Use among African-American College Students: An Exploratory Study. Retrieved 9 August, 2005, from http://wwwlib.umi.com/dissertations/fullcit/3156015.
- Kumbar (Mallinath); Vasanatha (Raju N). Use of Internet in engineering colleges of three districts of Karnataka state: A study. ILA Bulletin. Vol. 43(1); 2007; p13-18.
- Kanungo (Neena Talwar) Use of Internet in scholarly communication of social scientists. Annals of Library and Information Studies. Vol. 54 (1); 2007; p7-18.
- Smith (Judith M); Templeton (Emma-Jane). A comparison of the range and value of use of the Internet with traditional reference sources in Scottish public libraries. Journal of Information Science, Vol. 25(1); 1999; p27- 33.
- There are currently no refbacks.