Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 240
Libraries in the Knowledge ERA
With the advent of Industrial Revolution, the 19th century witnessed a sea- change taking place in all aspects of human society. Today millions of documentary and non-documentary sources are brought out in different countries of the world in several languages. This spectacular growth of documents has led to 'Information Explosion'. Due to Information Explosion, the Universe of Knowledge is expanding at a faster rate than ever before and it is still accelerating and may reach to infinity. So to serve as a social agency, the libraries play an important role in assembling, organizing and preserving knowledge for its dissemination to all. This paper reviews various facets of knowledge like its growth, role in libraries, and its management.
Knowledge Growth, Knowledge Based Society, Knowledge Management, Knowledge and Information Technology.
- Devarajan (G). Information Technology in Libraries. New Delhi, Ess Ess, 1999, p67-68.
- Ganesan (P); Varatha (Rajan N). Implementing Knowledge Management Techniques in University Libraries. Organization of Libraries in 21st Century. Seminar paper. University of Calicut, 26-27 May 2000 M.Bavakutty and others, Eds. New Delhi, Ess Ess, 2002, p13-15.
- Khanna (J K). Communicating Knowledge. New Delhi, Research Publications, p2.
- Vashisht (K K). Knowledge: evolution, structure and research methodology. New Delhi, Ess Ess, 1985, p4, 106.
- Mahapatra (P K); Chakrabarti (B). Book Byte and Beyond Library Without Walls. New Delhi, Ess Ess, 2000, p59.
- Mittal (R L). Library Administration Theory and Practice. New Delhi, Metropolitan, 1987, p191, 252.
- Pal (S S). “Library Automation and Information Technology.” Special Library System and Information Services. New Delhi, icon, 2004, p91,98.
- Rao (Madanmohan) Knowledge Management Tools and Techniques: practitioners and experts evaluate KM solutions. U.K, Butterworth – Heinemann Elsevier, 2005.
- Saxena (R S). Information Retrieval Techniques and Reference Sources and Tools in Pure and Applied Sciences. Agra, Y.K, 1987, p1.
- Sinha (Suresh C) and Dhiman (Anil K). Prolegomena to Universe of Knowledge. New Delhi, Ess Ess, 2002, p3-4.
- Suliman (Al – Hawamdeh). “The Dawn of the Knowledge Economy” Knowledge Management: cultivating knowledge professionals. USA, Chandos, 2005, p1,65.
- There are currently no refbacks.