Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 652
A Scientometric Analysis of the Doctoral Theses Submitted to Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
The growth of research activity in IIT Bombay in terms of PhD theses is analyzed for the period of 1958-2015 using data from Annual Reports, Library Catalogue, Electronic Theses and Dissertations of IIT Bombay. Data related to 4, 268 PhDs awarded during the period have been analyzed to identify active departments, supervisors, research collaboration, and topics based on high frequency keywords; Keyword visualization map is generated using VosViewer software. The study is intended to provide useful information to policy makers and funding agencies.
Bibliometrics, Doctoral Dissertations, Research Analysis, Research Productivity, Scientometrics.
- Mulla, K.R. and Konnur, P.V. (2013). Mapping of Engineering Research Trend in Karnataka: A Special Reference to Visvesvaraya Technological University. DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology, 33(1):55–62.
- Lee, C.K. (2003). A Scientometric Study of Research Performance of the Institute of Molecular and
- Cell Biology in Singapore. Scientometrics, 56:95-110.
- Garg, K.C. and Rao, M.K.D. (1987). Bibliometric Analysis of Scientific Productivity: A Case Study of an Indian Physics Laboratory. Scientometrics, 13:261-69.
- Zhu, J.; Hassan, S.U.; Mirza H.T. and Xie, Q. (2014). Measuring recent research performance for Chinese universities using bibliometric methods, Scientometrics, 101(1):429–43.
- http://www.vosviewer.com/. Accessed on: February 06, 2016.
- IIT Bombay. (1959 to 2015). IIT Bombay Annual Report. Mumbai.
- There are currently no refbacks.